This really has been the most stressful week since I was being stalked by my ex more than 15 years ago. I knew I was going to help my daughter with her final move to the mainland during the three days she was back in town and that it might impact my usual program. But, here's the Top Ten List of What I Didn't Know Beforehand;
1) my computer would totally crash the first day,
2) the cleaning I did at her apartment a few days before would just be the tip of the iceberg,
3) she would get really really sick the second day (thought it was a UTI, turned out to be e coli), 4) she was storing that much stuff at my house (she had asked, I just didn't get what I'd agreed to), and I'd have to find a place for it all,
5) when a computer guy takes your hard drive and puts it in an external hard drive enclosure it doesn't mean you can access and use what's there,
6) even if you call to check on when they're open and you rush to get there, it doesn't mean said computer guy will be there during open hours,
7) even though computer guy made the external hard drive for you, it doesn't mean he will help you figure out how to use it,
8) Windows Vista is nothing like Windows XP and doesn't like any of the apps and programs created on earlier versions,
9) even when you figure out how to re-create some of your most important stuff, it doesn't mean that it won't disappear and you have to start all over again, and
10) even when you're pretty good at backing stuff up, it really really really sucks when you have to get a new computer because of a crash.
So, that's where I've been - computer hell. Still trying to get things working, semi-successfully. Hopefully I'll be able to do my monthly billing tomorrow. Just glad I was able to find my way back here even though it was a twisty path getting here.
Another thing that's made this a stressful week is that my oldest son is dealing with the imminent passing of his dad. They're pulling his feeding tube, so he has less than a week to live most likely. I'm struggling with how to best support my son - Do I fly to where his dad is? Do I just be available on the phone? Is it okay to wait until Thanksgiving when I planned to go be with both my sons?
All of these things have made it hard for me to focus on my health. I've been eating okay mostly, but binging a little. I haven't been tracking either food or exercise. I've been to the gym a couple of times. Helping with the move was a workout, but I haven't fit in the 20 minute run that was next up. I just feel really overwhelmed. And I have a new appreciation for everyone who works full time, is a parent, and/or is dealing with their own or loved ones' challenges, and still finds time to make their health a priority by eating healthy and exercising.
I'm sure things will get back to normal soon and I'm really looking forward to having fun again. John and Sue are coming over from Kauai next weekend, so it will be fun showing Sue around Oahu. Depending on the weather, we'll either go snorkeling, hiking, and/or bodyboarding.
In the meantime I'm going to keep getting this new stupid a## computer working like I need it to do, and fit in some exercise when I can. Over and out -aloha
I've shared a flight with you
2 weeks ago